Limestone Coast Local Government Association
The Limestone Coast Local Government Association (LCLGA) is a regional subsidiary body established by the seven Constituent Councils in the Limestone Coast region of South Australia; City of Mount Gambier, District Council of Grant, Kingston District Council, Naracoorte Lucindale Council, District Council of Robe, Tatiara District Council & Wattle Range Council.
To view in Mandarin follow this link:Limestone Coast - Unearth our Treasures (Mandarin)
Limestone Coast Regional Sporting Academy Applications Now Closed
Click here to learn more
The Limestone Coast Local Government Association exists to:
‘Collectively Build Stronger Communities" within the scope of Local Government activities and services.
As a regional organisation with elected membership, the Association is a highly accountable body with a broad base of representation at the local level. Accordingly, it is the peak body representing Local Government in the region, as well as being able to lead and advocate on behalf of the region across a full range of issues.
The LC LGA has a broad range of roles to deliver as defined below:
- Regional Leadership
- Initiate action and lead regional activity
- Set the agenda and direction
- Represent the region, and pursue outcomes on behalf of the Constituent Councils and the region
- Council Coordination
- Coordinate the activities of Constituent Councils
- Act as the central organisation for shared Local Government responsibilities
- Provide a single point of contact to the region’s Local Government
- Join with other stakeholders to deliver a service or project
- Initiate, develop proposals and implement projects with a dedicated budget, staff member or resources
The Limestone Coast Local Government Association has identified five key themes each addressing key issues and areas of activity within the Limestone Coast that will guide the work of the LCLGA:
Regional leadership and advocacy to ensure that regional infrastructure is fit for purpose and has the capacity to meet the region’s current and future needs.
- Sustainable Economy
Regional leadership and advocacy to promote a thriving and sustainable economy capitalising on our diverse resources, sustaining growth, prosperity and employment throughout the region.
- Environmental Sustainability
Advocacy and partnerships to responsibly manage our natural environment and resources, ensuring sustainability and diversity.
- Community and Social Well-being
Advocacy and partnerships to enhance the quality of life, health and opportunities for our regional communities.
- LCLGA governance, leadership and financial sustainability
Regional leadership and effective Constituent Council coordination to ensure that LCLGA continues as an efficient and well governed regional organisation.