The Limestone Coast Regional Sporting Academy (LCRSA) is a key part of Swimming SA’s Pathways Program. The program provides identified club and state athletes located within the LCRSA catchment area the opportunity to train in a ‘decentralized’ setting. Athletes will receive technical coaching on individual skill development and individualised programs in their regional areas.
LCRSA Scholarship athletes are provided elite swimming skill development programs and exposed to high quality instruction from the state’s leading coaches in partnership with Swimming SA.
Athletes are provided training in Swimming specific skill areas including stroke, diving, turns and race tactics .
Athletes are also provided both technical and tactical feedback on individuals techniques and decision-making.
To be eligible for a Swimming Scholarship, athletes must:
- Reside within the Limestone Coast Region made up of the Mount Gambier, Grant, Wattle Range, Robe, Kingston, Naracoorte Lucindale or Tatiara local government areas; and
- Be a registered member with Swimming SA through an Association within the Limestone Coast region; and
- Between the ages of 13 to 18 during the scholarship
Satisfy the eligibility criteria and demonstrate the following qualities;
- Physical abilities and physical skills considered to be essential for eventual success in Basketball
- Display an ability to apply coaching & technical instruction
- Display attitude, commitment and dedication to improving performance
- The ability or potential to work as part of a team to achieve excellence