Heritage Advisory Services
LC LGA currently engages Arcuate Architecture;
- To provide for the proper care and management of local heritage places, Contributing Places and Local Heritage Policy Areas in the local government areas of City of Mount Gambier, District Council of Grant, Kingston District Council, Naracoorte Lucindale Council, Tatiara District Council, Robe District Council and the Wattle Range Council.
- To create and promote a local awareness and responsibility for the care of local heritage places and properties within heritage zones/heritage policy areas.
- To provide a service which encourages and assists property owners to take care of their local heritage places on a voluntary basis thereby developing a positive community view of heritage conservation.
Arcuate Architecture work closely with and under the direction of the planning and development assessment staff of Councils to provide timely and considered professional advice that will include:
- assessment of development applications involving local heritage places, Contributing Places and Local Heritage Policy Areas
- advice to property owners in respect of conservation and development affecting local heritage places, Contributing Places and Local Heritage Policy Areas
- advice on the availability of financial assistance for conservation work
- advice and assistance to council in regard to places considered of local significance and in the preparation of Development Plan Amendments
- advice on the development of conservation and interpretation strategies for local heritage places
- advice in respect of historic townscapes and streetscapes