The Limestone Coast Regional Sporting Academy (LCRSA) is partnering with the South Australian Sports Institute (SASI) Cycling Program to provide identified athletes in the LCRSA catchment area the opportunity to learn specific skills in the sport of Cycling. Athletes will receive technical coaching on individual skill development and racing in their regional area.
LCRSA Scholarship athletes are provided elite Cycling skill development programs and exposed to high quality instruction from the region’s leading cycling coaches in partnership with SASI.
To be eligible for a Cycling Scholarship, athletes must:
- Reside within the Limestone Coast Region made up of the Mount Gambier, Grant, Wattle Range, Robe, Kingston, Naracoorte Lucindale or Tatiara local government areas; and
- Between the ages of 13 to 18 during the scholarship
Satisfy the eligibility criteria and demonstrate the following qualities;
- Physical abilities and physical skills considered to be essential for eventual success in Cycling ;
- Display an ability to apply coaching & technical instruction;
- Display attitude, commitment and dedication to improving performance;
- Demonstrate potential to be selected for SASI Squads within 12 months;
- The ability or potential to work as part of a team to achieve excellence;